Eligibility Requirements for IMSD-Doctoral Program
- A Masters, B.A., or B.S. degree with a minimum GPA of 3.2 (of possible 4.0).
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- Applicants must have graduated within the last three years.
- Must be part of a group considered to be historically underrepresented by the federal government and/or demonstrated educational deficiencies due to economic deprivation or geographic disadvantages (e.g., inner city disadvantaged schools, disadvantaged schools in rural poverty areas.
*CLICK LINK BELOW TO ACCESS APPLICATION*
Application for VT IMSD Program
To qualify for an IMSD fellowship, you must be eligible per the requirements listed above or already admitted into a Ph.D. program at Virginia Tech. Application fee waivers are available.
- Complete the VT-IMSD Application.
- You will need a Statement of Career Goals and how VT-IMSD will help you reach them. Official academic transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Three letters of recommendation from referees familiar with your motivation and potential for a graduate career in the biomedical sciences. At least two referee must be faculty.
Please mail your Statement of Career Goals and three letters of recommendation to:
2250 Litton-Reaves Hall
Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061
Please direct any questions to 540-231-6797.