- Bell, M.A., Kraybill, J. H., & Diaz, A. (2014). Reactivity, regulation, and remembering: Associations between temperament and memory. In P.J. Bauer & R. Fivush (Eds.), Handbook on the development of children’s memory. Hoboken,NJ: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Diaz, A., & Bell, M.A. (2013, April). Understanding normal variations of fear: Context and memory. In S. Hart (Chair). The infant’s presentation of fear: Contexts, cues, and electrophysiological substrates. Symposium paper presented at Society for Research in Child Development, Seattle, Washington
- Valiente, C. (PI) & Eisenberg, N. (Co-I). (9/1/13 – 2/28/17). The Role of Emotion Regulation and Peer Context in Children’s Achievement 3R01HD068522-02S1, NIH/NICHD. (Grant)
Stephanie “Nikki” Lewis
- Lewis, SN, Zulma Garcia, Raquel Hontecillas, Josep Bassaganya-Riera, and David R. Bevan. Pharmacophore modeling improves virtual screening for novel peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma ligands. Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling. 2014. Under review.
- Lewis SN, Brannan L, Guri AJ, Lu P, Hontecillas R, Bassaganya-Riera J, Bevan DR. Dietary α-eleostearic acid ameliorates experimental inflammatory bowel disease in mice by activating peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ. PLoS One. 2011;6(8):e24031. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0024031. Epub 2011 Aug 31. PMID: 21904603 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
- Lewis SN, Bassaganya-Riera J, Bevan DR. Virtual Screening as a Technique for PPAR Modulator Discovery. PPAR Res. 2010;2010:861238. doi: 10.1155/2010/861238. Epub 2009 Sep 2. PMID: 19746174 [PubMed]
Frank Criscione Jr.
- Criscione, F., Qi, Y., Saunders, R., Hall, B., Tu, Z. (2013). “A unique Y gene in the Asian malaria mosquito Anopheles stephensi encodes a small lysine-rich protein and is transcribed at the onset of embryonic development”. Insect Molecular Biology.
- Nsoesie EO, Beckman R, Marathe M, Lewis B. Prediction of an Epidemic Curve: A Supervised Classification Approach. Stat Commun Infect Dis. 2011 Jan 1; 3(1).
- Lewis SN, Nsoesie E, Weeks C, Qiao D, Zhang L. Prediction of disease and phenotype associations from genome-wide association studies. PLoS One. 2011; 6(11):e27175.
- Nsoesie EO, Beckman RJ, Marathe MV. Sensitivity analysis of an individual-based model for simulation of influenza epidemics. PLoS One. 2012; 7(10):e45414.
- Nsoesie EO, Beckman RJ, Marathe MV. Sensitivity analysis of an individual-based model for simulation of influenza epidemics. PLoS One. 2012;7(10):e45414. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0045414. Epub 2012 Oct 29. PMID: 23144693 [PubMed – in process]
- Yuan Q, Nsoesie EO, Lv B, Peng G, Chunara R, Brownstein JS. Monitoring influenza epidemics in china with search query from baidu. PLoS One. 2013 May 30;8(5):e64323. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0064323. Print 2013. PMID: 23750192 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
- Blackman, K.C.A., Zoellner, J., Berrey, L.M., Alexander, R., Fanning, J., Hill, J.L., Estabrooks, P.A. (2013). Assessing the Internal and External Validity of Mobile Health Physical Activity Promotion Interventions: A Systematic Literature Review Using the RE-AIM Framework. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 15(10), e224
- Estabrooks, P.A., & Allen, K. (2013). Updating, employing, and adapting: A commentary on what does it mean to ‘employ" the RE-AIM model
- Dunsmore, J. C., Booker, J. A., & Ollendick, T. H. (2013). Parental emotion coaching and child emotion regulation as protective factors for children with Oppositional Defiant Disorder. Social Development, 22, 444-466. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9507.2011.00652.x
- Booker, J. A., & Dunsmore, J. C. (2014). Self-compassion, attachment security, and relative kindness regarding significant others. Manuscript under review.
- Dunsmore, J. C., Booker, J. A., & Ollendick, T. H. (2014). Maternal emotion coaching predicts better treatment outcomes for children with Oppositional Defiant Disorder. Manuscript under review
- Kusano, S.M. & Johri, A. (Under review). Student Autonomy: Implications of Design-Based Informal Learning Experiences in Engineering
- Kusano, S.M., Murzi, H.G., Shekhar, P., Kinoshita, T., Seimetz, C., Basu, D., & Goff, R.M. (Under review). Preparing Future Engineering Educators through Round-Table Practicum Course Discussions.
- Chowdhury, B.T., Kusano, S.M., Johri, A., & Sharma, A. (Under review). Peer Scaffolding in Studio Courses
- Kusano, S.M. “Beyond The Classroom: Understanding Informal Learning Experiences For Engineering Learning – A Focus on Research Methods Decisions in Engineering Education”. Research talk for the University of Michigan Center for Research and Learning in Engineering, Ann Arbor, MI (December 5, 2013)
- Kusano, S.M., “Using Modeling Software to Visualize Biomechanics in an Introductory Undergraduate Bioengineering Course”. Poster for the ASME 2012 Summer Bioengineering Conference, Fajardo, PR (June 21, 2012)
- Kusano, S.M. & H. Clay Gabler; “Reducing Teen Driver Crash Risk The Effectiveness of Eliminating Plea Agreements in New Jersey”. Presented at the 11th Annual School of Biomedical Engineering and Sciences Graduate Research Symposium, Blacksburg, VA (May 10, 2012)
- Kusano, Kristofer D. , Kusano, S.M., Gabler, H. Clay, “Automated Crash Notification Algorithms: Evaluation of In-Vehicle Principal Direction of Force (PDOF) Estimation Algorithms,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Road Safety and Simulation, Indianapolis, IN, September 14-16, 2011.
- Kusano, S.M., & Gabler, H. Clay, “Modeling the Influence of Stomach Contents on Alcohol Elimination Rate”. Poster for the Biomedical Engineering Society 2011 Annual Conference, Hartford, Connecticut (October 8, 2010)
- Comas, Stephanie M. & Gabler, H. Clay; “Examination of Factors Which Lead to Over- and Under-Triage of TraumVictims”. Presented at the Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine 54th Annual Conference Student Workshop, Seattle, WA (October 17, 2010) Etiam cursus suscipit enim. Nulla facilisi.
- Comas, Stephanie M. & Gabler, H. Clay; “Feasibility of Enhanced Algorithms for Post-Crash Injury Prediction for Improved Field Triage”. Poster for the Biomedical Engineering Society 2010 Annual Conference, Austin, TX (October 8, 2010)
- Lauharatanahirun, N., Christopoulos, G., and King-Casas, B. (2012). Neural computations underlying social risk sensitivity. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. 6(213), 1662-‐5161.
- Kim-Spoon, J., Chiu, P.H., Deater‐Deckard, K., Farley, J., Lauharatanahirun, N., Bickel, W.K., & King-Casas, B. (submitted) Interaction of risk sensitivity and cognitive control predicts adolescent health risk behaviors. Psychological Science.
Dr. Ed Smith ~ "Doing Science While Black"
The director's take on overcoming challenges likely to be faced in graduate school.